Friday, November 30, 2012

Lucile (Part I)


Lucile felt something gush through her body painfully rousing her from her sleep. Screaming, she fell off her bed and crawled underneath it. There was the smell of something burning. She panted underneath and slowly raised the edge of her covers. Her room was no longer dark, comfy and welcoming as it had been when she went to bed.

No. it was bright; so bright, as if the sun itself were sitting at her dressing table and enveloping the entire room with its rays. Her eyes hurt and became watery.

The odor of something burning, or rather the stench of burning skin, filled her nostrils. She screamed as the light seared her skin. She retracted further underneath the bed.

Someone was trying to kill her in her sleep; someone who knew that she was a sun-hider, a night-walker, a Vampire.

3 comments:

  1. Lucile, Lucile, Lucile... At first, I imagined her as a little kid cuddling in her bed all alone and her house was on fire... At the last word, I got that I misunderstood all of it.. Someone was in and opened the window intentionally.. Maybe someone so dear to her, as he couldn't stab her with a wood stick and fill her mouth with garlic.. Scenarios that have no background to support it, so I guess I'd have to wait for the next part to know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mabroooooooooooooooook <3 my evil witch is now a BLOGGER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Nadaness, I finally made it to your blog, and I am enjoying it! Please give us more. I like the nightmarish quality of the burning scene. Good job! Who wants her to die this gruesome death? Is it enough to kill her, or will she rise like a Phoenix? We'll have to wait for your next installment!

    ReplyDelete